2022 VCT CHALLENGERS APAC – Stage 2
Riot is set to kick off the VCT Challengers APAC Stage 2 main events, following some fantastic performances from APAC teams throughout Stage 1 tournaments!
For a chance to compete in the VCT Challengers APAC Stage 2 Playoffs in June, eight of the best teams in each market will battle throughout May.
Eight teams from each Southeast Asian market have qualified for the VCT Challengers Stage 2: Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Singapore/Malaysia, and Taiwan/Hong Kong!
Four of these teams per market were offered direct invitations to VCT Challengers APAC Stage 2 due to their outstanding accomplishments at the local level during Stage 1.
The following four teams qualified through Open Qualifier events held in April.
Qualified teams are as follows:
- Philippines –
- Direct Invites: NAOS Esports, South Built Esports, Action PH, Oasis Gaming
- Open Qualifier: Bren Esports, RRQ, Team Secret, Alpha Esports Pro
- Direct Invites: XERXIA, MiTH, Fullsense, NKT
- Open Qualifier: Purple Mood Esport, X10 CRIT, FW ESPORTS, Sharper Esport
- Direct Invites: BOOM ESPORTS, Persija Esports, ONIC G, Alter Ego Esports
- Open Qualifier: Bigetron Arctic, Dewa United, ARF TEAM (former name: Babi Guling), Hike Digital
- Direct Invites: Cerberus Esports, Fancy United Esports, Big BAAM, Unbeaten Esports
- Open Qualifier: Ronin, Victory, Nghiện Thêm Lần Nữa, Brave Wolves
- Direct Invites: Paper Rex, Bleed Esports, Laze (former name: Huat Zai), Galaxy Esports
- Open Qualifier: OGB, Todak, KPMOONIIBLM9, Blitz Esports
Taiwan/Hong Kong –
- Direct Invites: Oblivion Force, Griffin Esports, IVAN (former name: I Need Money), K7 Esports (former name: LP33)
- Open Qualifier: Ghetto Artist, Only One Word, Giant Submarine, Traitors
TOURNAMENT FORMAT & DATES
There are two stages to the VCT Challengers APAC Stage 2 main event events.
The eight teams in each market will begin by playing a single round robin match, with two teams being eliminated.
After that, the remaining 6 teams will compete in a series of double elimination brackets. The best teams will then be allocated a specific number of slots at the Challengers APAC Stage 2 Playoffs in June, depending on the market they come from.
The Challengers APAC Stage 2 Playoffs are a chance for the region’s best teams to qualify for Masters 2, VCT’s second and final global competition of the year!
Regional allocations for the upcoming Challengers APAC Stage 2 Playoffs in June are split across a 20-team competitive format. Seeds are determined by the size of the competitive playbase in each region. Slot allocations by region are as follows:
HOW TO WATCH
- Twitch: VALORANT Esports, VALORANTesports3, PPGL VCT PH
- YouTube: VALORANT Esports, PPGL YouTube
- Facebook: VALORANTEsports PH, PPGL Facebook
- Twitch: VALORANT ID
- YouTube: VALORANT Esports Indonesia
- Facebook: VALORANT Esports Indonesia, VALORANT Indonesia
- Twitch: VALORANT TH, ESL_Thailand
- YouTube: VALORANT TH, ESL Thailand
- Facebook: VALORANT Esports TH, Thai ESL
- Twitch: VALORANT Esports, VALORANTesports4
- YouTube: VALORANT Esports
- Facebook: VALORANT Esports MY/SG
VCT Taiwan/Hong Kong